calling my FAIM
For an artist, his greatest difficulty lies in how to present his work. If the distribution and promotion is vital At any product, when this is cultural, art, theater, poetry, film, etc.. it is much more and in a special way
The artists to exhibit in private galleries to pay rent, advance money or share a utopian high percentage of sales.
The Artist, creative, besides being a backbone of the country's culture, regardless of their level or is treated as if it will raise xampiñones hows, and must pay for all or cease to exist.
The only decent alternative for our group is that public institutions subsidize ever trade fairs, exhibitions, intercanviador, etc. in the same way that subsidize film, theater, museums, issues, etc. Quando
this happens, at fairs are always spaces dedicated to galleries and they still charge astronomical artists who choose to represent. Finally a
Independent Art Fair for the exclusive promotion of artists, FAIM.
If this show was subsidized, charging € 1900 for three panel meter is a real ass, but, as is the only one of these characteristics and public insurance, contacts, promotion, distribution, etc catalogs. one ends up taking the proposal.
I presented my work in FAIM 2006 with the same result as if I had hung in the hallway of my house to coincide with a meeting crony, but infinitely more expensive. Travel, transportation, insurance, hotel, meals, and, of course, paying thousands of euros rigorous total nothing of the feeling that we were doing all duped unwary.
should know that there was no advertising, no banners in the city, or in newspapers or on television or in magazines. There was no directions to the fair all the way from the slope of the House not even in the facade of the pavilion Pipa, there was a sign of FAIM or anything. Any person who sought the fair had to guess its location. For the city of Madrid this show did not exist. They say that wine
Minister of Culture, since that also, in my area and we learned. It was a fair
sad, bored and tense because they had normal or specialized public or anything, just friends i family of exhibitors. I had never experienced a failure so loud. An absolutely huge empty space so every day produces an embarrassment and shame of having fallen in the thymus. I had to order invitations for spouses because nobody tried anything. There was for artists or a drink of attention. Only gave me a catalog. The director did not have the slightest contact with me and I think few. Knew who I was because I told a colleague, amazed by watching a cock running ahead of show booth, hair in the wind, looking at nobody. I would like the slightest timely personal courtesy to all artists who were paying their outfits. He had four days to try.
I was coming from Catalonia, I assure you there would not have tolerated such inefficiency, indifference and incompetence ineptitut. It seems that in the capital of the country any idiotic little serious but still plugged unsuspecting idiots can handle more than one hundred professional artists with a high standard. In a few events bring together groups such quality is achieved, although of course this was the merit of artists of independent contributors.
is necessary for the Department of Culture responsible for such disastrous event, right numbers with the director and ask Marta Lueje responsibilities. Multiplying the artists attending the show for the thousands of euros collected, leaving just a scandalous figure.
abuses should not be supported by an institution with public money. I demand the resignation of the director and if there was a next FAIM with the same address, the group of artists concerned would make public such tolerance to fraud by the Ministry of Culture. Rosa
Siré. FAIR
0 comments:
Post a Comment